Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Arrival

"Sister Swensen and I are very happy to let you know that your missionary has arrived safely at the Brazil Missionary Training Center.  What a great joy and privilege it is to greet each missionary as they begin their missionary experiences with us. We will surely take good care of your missionary."      



First Email:  
All of the guys we flew down with were very neat.  Elder Kendell, Searles cousin, was super cool and we chatted.  Then we met up with the other missionaries from Flordia, Mephis, SLC.  All great guys. 


While flying, there was a gorgeous sunset while leaving ATL sunrise as we were arriving in SP.  So beautiful. I've never seen such great clouds!! In SP there was a smog/fog/polution like I've never seen before.  Starting at 5,000 ft and going to 2,500 ft, there was a dense fog that you couldnt see a thing.  Crazy to fly and not see anything.  We arrived in SP and attempted to call you, i had no clue what the person was saying on the other line, so I gave up. Customs was good though. Barely made it... ;)

Then we met up with our contact, she led us through the airport to a very scary looking car. We all pilled in, and drove through some of the craziest traffic ever.  Super busy, and got our first glimpse of the city.  We saw it off in the distance.  Kept driving, and still saw it but closer.  And finally we exited the freeway and the city was next to us (the other side) and still going, Huge city. And the Motorcycles!!! Oh my word.  They would just fly by inbetween lanes of stopped traffic, moving traffic and lane changes.  We even saw one bike with 3 people on it?! 

It was about a 30 min drive from the airport to the CTM.  Once we arrived the nice older couple (I don't know their role yet) helped us get settled in.  We ate lunch, the apples were fabulous, they had no other fruit yet.  But the mango juice was also incredible.  They had the soda fountains with Guarana in many flavors. 

My companion has not yet arrived, so I unpacked my suitcases, I was a few hangers short. Then me and Elders Davies and Da Silva whom I am rooming with played Uno, I wrote in my journal, and are getting ready for lunch.  One elder who was eating at the same time came and talked to us, and assured us of the great times that would ensue.  I cannot wait.  I am still in shock I am actually here.  I have my name badge and everything. Classes don't start until tomorrow. I am excited to learn Portuguese and communicate with everyone. 

The people are lovely, everyone at the CTM has been so nice, minus the weird looks for having a blue sticker on my badge. I am not sure what day P day is, but as soon as I know I'll let you know and email you again.
  
Tell everyone thank you for the cards, they were all faboulus and I am saving all of them. Also tell Ellee that her envelope was so good, all the cards are in that, sitting in my desk.  Thanks for all you have done for me, and I more than prepared both physically and spiritually because of you.

Eu Amo Voces 
(I think thats right;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment