Friday, September 26, 2014

Tchau CTM

Hello people of the outside world. I’m back in communication for a short time to tell you how fabulous this week was. Honestly it is kind of bad, because just when we start to like the CTM, can speak an alright amount of Portuguese, and make crazy good friends, we get kicked out, not so nice ;) But I have loved meeting all my new friends, and talking to the district everyday.  Honestly if you would have told me I would have missed the MTC when I got here I would have not believed you one bit. 


View of the City from the CTM
As for this week we had the opportunity to hear from two more general authorities today. Richard G Scott via intranet on Sunday, his message was about prayer and had a fabulous quote that I loved. "Pray to God and he will give you one of three answers. First a sense of hope, courage, and love signifying yes. Or, a stooper of though, signifying no. And finally if God doesn't answer, he trusts you to make the right choice." He went on to say that God will never let us go to far on the wrong path, so if you are receiving promptings heed them.  It was kind of awesome to hear from him. 

Then on Tuesday we had the 1st Counselor in the presiding bishopric come and speak to us. He is a french man, who speaks broken english, so it was hard for me to understand, I could only imagine the Braisleros ;) He spoke about how Jesus Christ is the reason for everything we do. If we want to be a successful missionary we need to learn more about Christ.  I loved both their talks and look forward to applying them. 

In other news, this week was generally normal, we went to class for a long time, and for physical activity (sorry about not answering you mom) we can do a few things, soccer is not one of them. :( We can play basketball, volleyball, or run on the hilarious looking track, and do weights and work out. Normally I play volleyball, and when I occasionally want to play ball, lets just say the kids call me Allen on the court :) haha me and E Kendle busted out the soccer balls and played some garbage can soccer, and E Da Silva wants me to teach him to juggle, so that will be fun. This week I also arm wrestled Barros, and I won, he put up a good fight, but I ended up pulling through :) 
CTM gym

CTM Track 40 x 3





Elder Davies
I talked to the post office, and they said that the letters get home in 18 or 20 days, which obviously is not true :) So i hope you get them soon. 

So we have three meals a day, and a snack, and on P-day we can buy snacks to keep in our room The food here is pretty dang good, but the same, meat, beans, and rice, is getting a little old, still good though.  

About the emails, I take pictures of all the guys emails. Then I read them during the week. Also, I gave my comp a blessing because he was hurt, and sick, so he requested one. 

Other random information is that this Sunday we will receive a card that says we are official representatives of Jesus Christ here in Brazil, I am pretty stoked to get my hands on that. Also monday is orientation,  we sit in classes literally all day, and then get to know where, and when we are leaving Tuesday morning. Probably in the early morning 5 or 6. I am ready to get out there. 

Random fact about the city, there isn’t much of a night view, because most of the buildings we can see are residential, there isn't much city light at night which is kind of weird.  

Mom you would have been proud of me today, I sewed my pants up. That was interesting. But it was only a pocket, so that was nice.  I did learn to sew, and yes my hair is that short. A mistake, by me fixed" by E Keller.



On the more spiritual side. I made a paper, that tracked all the people in the BoM that held the plates, and called it "Tracking the Plates" yeah I know nerdy.  Also some scriptures that I loved today are Alma 41:8.   I also think I found my favorite BoM quote is in Alma 44:10. Read that story and Moroni's one liner there is incredible I love it. Also the new motto for the mission is 1 Cor 13:11. The 1st counselor shared that and I loved it. 

Well. I love you all, have a great week, I will be contacting you from I do not know where or what day, maybe when I get to the field then I am not sure what Day my P-day is. I love you all, and se lembram para Consevar Tua Rua  

Elder Iverson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment