Monday, June 15, 2015

"Your Word"

Some thing that is really marking me is the need for “word”. People today don’t have a “good word”. In the fact that when we invited the people to come to church they all say “I'll be there." When in reality it is on the bottom of their priorities. I have a challenge for you all. When you are talking with the people. Talk straight up. If you don’t want to do something. Say you won’t. If you want to do something. Say you will. And DO IT!!!! There is nothing more frustrating on the mish then the people that don’t hold their word. Work harder (as I will as well) to be more direct with the people :) 

The study for the week was a lot about a lot. We are studying the general Conference talks, and one the the favs is Pres. Eyring’s from The Priesthood session. All the priesthood holders in the world. Read that talk and take a serious look at the power we hold. Are we doing everything to make the most of our Priesthood. 

Another talk I love is the talk of Pres. Uchtdorf about being real. We need to show on the outside who we really are. It doesn’t make sense to be a fake. Live life, and love who you are. Be goofy, be serious, be funny, laugh, love, pray, and show your love for everyone in your way. You can be the difference in someones life. Work hard everyday to be who the Lord wants you to be. 

The mission is great. I am having a blast, and in case anyone missed it (Like I did) its already the middle of June (oops:)

I love you all, have a great week :) 

Elder Iverson :) 




I forgot. Today is the 300th day in the mish :) oops. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment