Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Good News of the Week

This week was fabulous :) Lets start out with the good news.


We had 10 commits for church this week, it was really good.  We had people that were new, and people that wanted to investigate. But everyone is determined, until Sunday at 8:30 am it is the sad truth here.....We had only Vagner come to church. For a little background on Vagner. He is a man with 55 years, he is a Physical and Mental Theripist. (I know I spelt that wrong :) hahaha He believes in a lot of stuff that is a little weird. For example he believes that Noah had the help of 16ft fallen angels to build the ark :) haha and that there is a God, but a separate Creator? But he was at the church Sunday :) and he said before, "If I go, I want to feel it!" So we were hoping for a really spiritual meeting.  All was good, in Priesthood, he wouldn't sing, but in Sacrament we were talking to him, and I was like, whats the deal? why won't you sing? (not exactly like that :) haha but I got him to sing, and you could tell that he was feeling the spirit. When he left he said this, "We will be talking again" :) hahah YES!!!! The lad felt the spirit!!! We have him in our prayers.


We also found Romario again. He is one of the two young guys that we took to church. He had a motorcycle accident and messed up his hand.... I will try to get a picture, he has some gnarly scars :) hahaha and a permanent frowny face on his hand from the surgery. But the story on him. We taught him a lot and talked about baptism. He liked the idea, but he moved for like 3 weeks, and we couldn't find him. We found him yesterday and he asked, When is my baptism?? :) yes yes yes yes :) he is awesome he has 20 years, and he had a problem with alcohol, that is gone, with smoking, we are getting him to stop Sunday :) and the problems with the ladies, we are working on that :) but he has a desire to change, and so we will work hard, and he loves the church. SO we are praying, and he will be baptized :)


This is the familia Puerta. 
Jettstar, I already picked you out a girlfriend from Brasil :) it is the little girl sitting on the left side of the foto :) she is 9 and at the moment I actually forgot her name....



Elder Rincon from Columbia is the other guy in this picture, that is a killer sun set my friends. 
  


There is a lot of good things happening in our area. The sister Nair that will be baptized this week:) I don't know if you remember but she is the lady that I did a contact with back in October, and she remembers that moment and yesterday we had a FHE with the Belloni's and she told the story of how she met us four angels, and then she said, this one (pointing to me) and then rubbing my head, was the first one. He talked to me in the street, and invited me to the church :) 

The people here are amazing, and the love that they show for us is second to none :) 

Funny contact of the week :) 
One lady was a bit older, and I started to talk to her. This is how the conversation went.:
"Hi we are the missionaries of Christ. "
"I already know you guys"
"But we would like to talk with you more another day"
"I already know" (then as she was leaving) "Thanks darling" (as she rubbed my chest for a good few seconds, and then was gone :) hahahaha

The work is going forth :) at times I am discouraged, but only for a moment.... The Lord helps us people. When we are down and out and think that the Lords isn't around, this is when he is the closest to us. Without the Lord, things would be a heck of a lot worse then they are :) 

The other family is Rosália and Guilherme, they are Menos Ativos and travel a lot.... we really want them to return. Guilherme isn't baptized, and he gave the most sincere prayer ever yesterday, and asked that they would start going to church more :) 

This is the familia Souza. Brother Souza in the 1st counselor in the bishopric.



No comments:

Post a Comment